Maa se Ladai

I often, end up having a tiff with my mom which is a by-product of my frustrations. I and only I am responsible for snapping at her and almost everytime I have one major complaint, which is that she doesn't have high EQ to understand emotional turmoils which I go through and doesn't talk me through it. I have high expectations from her, which is why sometimes I hurt her. But, on the other hand she is a pro-active mom and one of the smartest woman of her age as she is talented and can help in almost anything you can think of, under the sun. Cooking, Plumbing, Fashion, Religion or Art. She knows it all. But she doesn't talk about my emotional state which hurts me. We often hurt back people we love the most. Isn't it? I love my mom so much that I can't even pen down. Like all of you do. I always wish I could go back to the universe, the way I came from her. Through her womb. I am extremely attached to my mom, then why do I think her EQ is less? Or maybe if it is, if I can't understand that she can lack somewhere and expect her to be perfect, where is my own EQ?
So many times we just expect so much from the other person, that they aren't even capable of doing that. Isn't it similar to pushing a child to study maths, when she is interested in studying dance? I think we all are children in some ways and Moms are no different. Next time when I shall get angry with her, I will remind myself of the fact that even seven births wouldn't be sufficient to repay what she has done for me. Being grateful, is the new EQ my friend.

Comments

  1. The previous era people lived a different life... and paid very less importance to individuality... and more importance to community.... COMPARED to present era people ... so it is expected that the Community quotient (CQ) will be higher for prev era people. That was Survival of the Fittest theorem for that era.

    And it doesn't help our survival, which totally relies on our individuality, and self reliance is the key.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thanks for dropping in the comment, may I know your name?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can relate with this. I believe empathy on both ends in addition to being grateful is probably what is required

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mothers are always special. Nicely written .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well if she spoke you through everything, may be you'd never be as grateful. And honestly, something's are best learned by self experience. She wants you to be strong

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I disagree a bit, but we will take that offline ;) and thanks for reading and supporting bro

      Delete
  6. Ya... That's there. Any change requires time and patience. If you firmly believe that she should change, and that it will be for her better, then take small steps towards this goal. By the snap of a figure nothing changes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully written Mani. It does happen when we grow up and start leading an independent life. We all are humans and we all have our own qualities and flaws, I can relate to the need of being understood, supported and guided by someone whom we love so much however everyone has had their own journey and accordingly the EQ has developed in the person.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the VOID after you leave the B-School..

A thought straight from the heart of The Indian Girl in Pyjamas-