the VOID after you leave the B-School..

                                                        

The other day I watched the late night show of Befikre because a friend wanted me to accompany him. I am not getting into critically reviewing the movie, but the kind of state which that movie put me into, shocked my friend. I was depressed, sleepy and seemed to be disinterested, he on the other had tears in his eyes because of the situational comedy and humorous one liners the movie had to throw at us. At 2:15 am in the night, after watching this movie, the hunger pangs started hitting me hard. Though Pune, is known for its happening night life, but to be honest, there is nothing really which remains open after 11. So he took me to a small tapri which was right behind the girls’ hostel of a famous B-School in Pune.
While we ordered our Maggi and Tea, amidst the young crowd of the B-School, I couldn’t help but overhear the conversations which somehow made me super nostalgic about my days @ IMT Nagpur. I also spotted somebody wearing this T-Shirt which belonged to the marketing club of the college. I could hear things about branding, EMIs, placements, love affairs and what not. The cumulative energy of these conversations left me overwhelmed and sad. Overwhelmed obviously, because at almost 3 in the morning none of them were tired and we , as corporate slaves die to reach weekends. Sad, because I do not know when will I ever be able to live a life which is purposeful, soul satisfying and enriching, all three together
The greatest truth is that The VOID which MBA leaves you with is nothing less than Depressing.
No amount of money, parties, clubbing or trips which you do after B-School can ever substitute to the life which an MBA offers
You crave for the sleepless nights, you yearn for those 4:00 am droopy eyes
I do not know what it was:  the magical campus , the project group discussions, the PPTs, the class participations, the openness, the fests, the nights, the hundreds of start-up discussions, I guess I will run out of adjectives here
IMT spoilt me in ways more than one. It made me hungry to keep searching for newer goals and keep growing. Little did it tell, that organizations might not challenge you that way. It gave me an attitude to die for. Little did it tell, the world might not even understand that attitude? MBA  made me way less judgmental than I was, it matured me way more than the world deserves. It made me look at things from 100 glasses , so that I don’t come to conclusions just yet. It gave me the skill to appreciate the good a bit more and the bad a bit less . I learnt to value LIFE which in real, is full of naives who will look at things just the way you throw at them
You might just end up sitting amongst fools where there is no place for intellectually stimulating conversations. MBA does that to you, it shows you how beautiful the world can be, the unlimited potential it has to offer. But when you step out, you just find your mettle running faster than the world actually expects. And this is where it hits you. To me life after my B-School seems to be an abyss. And this is no exaggeration. It is not about solving complex consulting assignments, it is about the charge, the zeal, the hope which you carry during those 2 years of your life. Life becomes sadly very mundane. Oh! And yet I haven’t talked about the kind of people you meet during those two years. They will love you, they will hate you, backstab you, and praise you but you feel like you are part of the game. But once you step out of the MBA no amount of professionalism and corporate demeanor can actually challenge you. You are already so aware of the moves, the behavioral traits of the people, you almost find people DUMB. Where is the fun in life when you can predict almost everything? This is what an MBA does to you. They make you ready, without understanding that world is still not to face you!
I have become a forlorn lover. IMT was not just not just about classes, but was an emotion. I still wear my IMT hoodie with utmost pride and would let go of GUCCIs, H&Ms, and ZARAs for it. Probably wearing it, gives me unimaginable peace and solace which
MBA teaches you how to deal with the toughest of the challenges life has to throw you, to start loving them, SADLY it doesn’t teach you to adapt to the slow & routine lifestyle which creeps after you complete it. It makes one lonely, well, it made me lonely and even after 11 months of my life at IMT, I have not been able to forget my heavenly days there.
And definitely MBA is not just an education tag, it is a way of life! An emotion which you never want to escape. It has to offer in abundance, you only need to be ready for receiving…
I can go on and on , but, I miss you dear B-School. I miss you IMT


Comments

  1. True story! Even I have started feeling the same as its just the last two months when this amazing journey will come to an end. But its life.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too good a line...I just heard it within me and two of my office colleagues: You might just end up sitting amongst fools where there is no place for intellectually stimulating conversations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written... each sentence in the blog struck the right chord. I can say, rarely can anyone put so many emotions in such a short passage. Looking forward to reading more blogs from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jishnu ,

      I write on Instagram as well , under the name of musingsbymani , thank you so much for your kind words .

      Stay in touch

      Regards ,

      Mani

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A thought straight from the heart of The Indian Girl in Pyjamas-

Maa se Ladai