The Power of a Stranger's Blessings-

Pagdandi Bookstore Cafe, Pune

The tagline of the Cafe- Let's Meet 

2017 was the worst year of my life. Personally,professionally everything seemed to be amiss. 

I wanted to switch to a different organisation and research & study about my own industry. The two places I spent most of my time were- 
My small PG room along with my sweet roommate and my office space which I desperately wanted to leave permanently.

I needed a different space with a higher frequency vibe.

Pune has a plethora of cafes, hosting different themes, cultures and ambiance. And one such Cafe which I chose to work from, rather build my strategy to move on from my current organisation was Pagdandi. There was something extremely Raw about this Cafe. The ambiance, the aura, the people who frequented the cafe had an air of elitism. The youngsters from Pune colleges, Saree clad women having intellectual discussions over sipping coffee. 

I was in the process of being interviewed for marketing positions by two major IT organisations and one of the round which I had to clear was, was to create presentations on a certain topic.
During those days, I set my routine in such a way that I would go to the cafe at nine in the morning and return back by evening six to my Paying Guest Accommodation.

It was almost week that I continued this ritual, spending around 600-700 bucks everyday just to sit in this high vibe cafe, ordering sandwiches, fries and coffee just to do my work peacefully and also occasionally having a chat with strangers in the cafe. 

On one such day, while I was working on a marketing presentation, I met an old professor from one of the Symbiosis Institutes in Pune, who came and sat besides me. We exchanged gentle smiles and I controlled my urge to speak to him first, out of respect.He must have overlooked the presentation and found it interesting enough that he sparked a conversation with me and what I was doing. I was so glad inside to be talking to him, because I usually love talking to the elderly. He started asking me about my work, my aspirations and what I was working on.

We kept on chatting for two long hours, where he shared with me gems from his professional journey.

He told me about his- "Genuine Connection" approach, where he never failed to wish his professional contacts by calling them up on festivals and important times v/s forwarded texts which the new generation does. In fact,

he told me that since he doesn't know how to save so many numbers on his phone hence he keeps an old school visiting card register and even if people don't remember to call him, he always calls them up. So he taught me emotional yet practical lesson-
Maintaining genuine connection is important. Be genuinely concerned and ask others' welfare. Hear some one out, even if it is a professional connection. We all are humans in the end.
Maintaining these connections, pays off practically too. People do observe and create your image in their subconscious mind. So it never backfires to make that extra effort.

He left the cafe before I did, and heard about the pain I was going through.I was preparing for two presentations for two different organisations. He kept his hand on my head and blessed me. Don't worry, you will make it through one of the organisations.

And I did. I am working for Tech Mahindra now, an organisation which I have been working for over three years now.

I did take his phone no, but unfortunately, I lost it. I have the deepest gratitude in my heart for him.
His blessings worked for me. 

Being open to experiences makes way for Serendipity!



Comments

  1. oh. did you ask/remember his name.. try searching on fb or linkedin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashu I would have done if I remembered. I don't :/

      Delete
    2. then i guess its time you do the same with someone else ... pass on the chain of events of passing some words of wisdom / blessings to folks who need it..

      Delete
  2. Nice and sweet. Loved reading it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Garima thank you for always commenting and supporting!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful written !!!
    Yeah his blessings worked for you ... he must be a gentlemen indeed 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally you created your pagdandi in the cafe...awesome that you can spend money for vibes ad freedom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the VOID after you leave the B-School..

A thought straight from the heart of The Indian Girl in Pyjamas-

Maa se Ladai